Wednesday, March 30, 2011

How to Live: Follow Your Heart, Risked Be Damned - Ben Stein on CBS Sunday Morning



I don't watch a lot of TV. I can almost always think of better things to do with my time. Occasionally, I watch the nightly news and catch a random episode of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations or The Nanny.  I do, however,  intentionally carve out time every Sunday morning to watch CBS Sunday Morning, a show about art, culture, and a hodge-podge of other things happening around our nation. One of the regular contributors on the program is Ben Stein. Last summer, he gave a commentary called: How to Live: Follow Your Heart, Risked Be Damned.  His monologue so touched me that I tracked down the transcript, printed it out, and taped it up in several locations around the house. Today, I am watching the video...again...and soaking in some much needed encouragement as I continue to swim upstream in my life as an artist.

If you would like to print out the transcript to tape to your fridge and studio door, you can find it here.

No comments: