Sunday, June 17, 2012

Time is flying by...

Being a mom is great....even greater than I ever hoped...but it sure takes a lot of time. I just logged in to this blog after what I thought was surely just over a month or so of absense only to realize that my last post was on March 16th! March 16th!! Three months ago. Wow. Life is moving fast.

My son is now four months old and I am happy to report that I am starting to get in a rhythym at last. Of course it is not a return to my old rhythym...that is gone for good...but a new (even better?) rhythym entirely. I am learning how to get things done in the free minutes I find scattered  about my baby-filled day. I am learning to be more patient and more relaxed about my to-do list.

One thing that has been on my ever present to-do list for eons is creating an Etsy shop. I have spent countless hours daydreaming and brainstorming about what new thing I am going to start making and selling that is going to change my life and really bring home the bacon. Of course, I can't really just start making a product like that...on a whim. Afterall, there are only so many hours in a day and I want to make my art...not little things designed only to sell, sell, sell.  So finally, as I was setting up an Etsy shop for Paso a Paso Missions last week, something clicked in my head..."Just make a shop with your art. Who cares if it sells?! It is just another way to get exposure!" And that is exactly what I have been working on for the past couple of days. It is not totally finished yet but it is "open". I want to add a few more pictures to a couple of items and write more elaborate descriptions...but it is a start. I am excited!

You can see it here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/StudioBetsyTimmer
You can also visit the shop for Paso a Paso Missions here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PasoaPasoMissions
(I did some volunteer work in Guatemala last year and as a way to keep helping from the States, I am managing this shop.)

No comments: